Saturday 24 February 2007

pendolino trains

I use the Virgin West coast service a few times a year, always off peak and I always know in advance when I am going. This means I can always pick up cheap 1st class returns and I think the service is excellent just the same as their excellent airline service. It always runs on time and there are some services that go direct from Preston straight to Euston which takes a mere 2hours 11 mins. I can take that long to get into manchester by car! Having looked at the pictures of the crash this morning I will be more than happy using the Virgin pendolino service in the future, the carriages must be well engineered to have withstood a derailment at that speed and I am sure alot of people have survived that would not have done in older rolling stock.

No comments: